Have you ever thought you could lighten your skin and get rid of any brown spots only by using the most popular Vitamin in the world? If not, you’d better start immediately! What you’re going to read will reveal some shocking truths about how Vitamin C could easy your way to having a flawless skin. I’ve divided the information I want to share with you into sections to ease your reading, but, please make sure to read the article in its entirety so that you don’t skip anything important. Enjoy your reading!
What is Vitamin C? Why do I need Vitamin C to lighten my skin?
Well, the answer is quite easy here. Vitamin C is the most commonly found Vitamin in our food, especially in fruits and vegetables. It immunizes your body, promoting your health and protecting it from infections.
Do you remember your mom or grandma giving you a glass of fresh orange juice when you got a cold? It was pure Vitamin C that they were giving to you.
Of late, however, vitamin C has reserved a spot at the top of treatments for dark spots and skin hyperpigmentation, as many studies have proved that it can play a significant role in your quest for a perfect skin.
Does Vitamin C lighten my skin?
It definitely does! In many ways, actually! While I will try not to hassle you with scientific facts, there’s a lot to learn if you want to know how Vitamin C can lighten your skin. So, I’ll do my best to keep it simple for you.
1) Vitamin C is a tyrosinase inhibitor. “Woops! You said you’ll keep it simple. What’s this tyrosinase and who inhibits it? “, you might be thinking. OK! Here you go! Tyrosinase is an enzyme responsible for triggering melanin production. Melanin is responsible for the color of your skin. So, Vitamin C equals less melanin production. Less melanin equals less dark spots on your skin. Voila!!!
2) Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. What this means is that it Vitamin C fights free radicals that age your skin, make it vulnerable to a variety of hazards, and increase pigmentation (i.e. brown spots). Thus, you can consider Vitamin C as a shield that protects your skin cells from the inside.
3) Vitamin C for exfoliation. Who said that Vitamin C protects your skin acting only from the inside? You can achieve mild exfoliation using gels and serums containing Vitamin C to protect your skin from the outside, too. To put it simply, Vitamin C can help you get rid of dead skin cells that cause your skin look dark, making room for a smoother and lighter skin.
4) Back to the inner parts of your skin now! Did you know that Vitamin C increases your glutathione and Vitamin E levels in your body? Well, it does! “And why I should even care? “, you might be wondering. OK! Let’s shed some light here!
Vitamin E and glutathione are two of the most potent antioxidants that further reinforce your body against free radicals that cause its aging and darkening. What is more, glutathione helps you lighten your skin, as it triggers the production of pheomelanin that is the less-known yellow version of melanin. Contrary to its brown counterpart called Eumelanin, pheomelanin doesn’t darken your skin, neither creates dark spots on it.
So, more Vitamin C equals more Glutathione and more Vitamin E, which equal lighter skin tone!
5) Vitamin C can help your skin recover faster from damage due to extensive exposure to the sun rays. It triggers new collagen production, allowing your wound to heal more rapidly. If applied topically, it also protects wounded skin from infection
6) Last but not least, as many studies have proven, Vitamin C is more efficient when you apply it on pigments surrounding hair follicles (i.e. the areas that hair grows on your skin). Thus, you should consider it as the ideal solution for you if you wish to treat any dark spots, lines or brown marks in an area of your skin that has hair on it.
OK! I get it! Vitamin C is King! How to use Vitamin C to lighten my skin?
A fair question! Now you’ve got the grasp of how important is Vitamin C for your skin you’re undoubtedly wondering about what’s the best way to use it to eliminate any dark spots on it.
There are two things to do to make good use of Vitamin C;
1) Boost Vitamin C levels in your body by eating more Vitamin C containing foods.
2) Apply Vitamin C topically to lighten your skin.
What do I eat to get more Vitamin C?
There are two options here for you, as well. You can either obtain Vitamin C by eating fresh fruits and vegetables or by taking Vitamin C supplements.
If you choose the natural way, here’s a tiny table with the richest in Vitamin C fruits and vegetables to help you choose. Note: The numbers is parentheses are the Vitamin C nutrient density per 100 mg of consumed fruit or vegetable:
|Oranges (53.2 mg)
|Peppers (183.5 mg)
|Green Kiwi (92 mg)
|Kale – my personal favorite- (120 mg)
|Strawberries ( 58.8 mg)
|Broccoli (82.9 mg)
|Pineapples (47.8 mg)
|Tomatoes ( 22.8 mg)
|Guava (223.8 mg)
|Peas ( 60 mg)
|Papaya (60.9 mg)
How much Vitamin C do I need to take for my Skin Whitening?
If you choose to go down the Vitamin-supplements way, there’s a large variety of Vitamin C supplements for you (more on this in a bit). Either way, please have in mind that the minimum daily intake for men is 95 mg of Vitamin C, whereas for women is 75. Also, have in mind that the maximum intake is 2000mg of Vitamin C on a daily basis.
How can I apply Vitamin C topically to lighten my skin?
Here your options vary, too. You can use a Vitamin C serum, buy a skin whitening cream that contains Vitamin C, or you can even create your homemade skin lightening cream, should you want to try the all-natural way (More on that, in a bit, too). There’s also the option to buy a skin lightening soap containing Vitamin C.
What are the best products containing Vitamin C for skin whitening?
I have compiled a list of some the best Vitamin C products you could use to lighten your skin:
• “Pure Body Natural Vitamin C Serum”
What you’re getting here is a professional facial serum that can help you fade your brown spots and marks.
Plus, it has an anti-aging, anti-wrinkle action that makes this product perfect for removing bags under your eyes.
In addition to this, it contains aloe vera extract to keep your skin moisturized. What more could you expect? Check here for more info.
• Lilian Fache Facial Vitamin C
Another Vitamin C serum to help you treat your hyperpigmentation. It also contains Aloe Vera extract that moisturizes your skin to prevent it from drying after the treatment. Another advantage of this Serum is that it also contains lactic acid that allows your skin to absorb Vitamin C faster to give you faster results. For more info, click here
• Pure Vitamin C Serum
What could be better for your skin lightening regimen than a doctor-approved potency (according to the creators of it) Vitamin C Serum? Many of Its buyers claim that their dark spots went away quickly.. It won’t cost you much and its combined action of VItamin C and Hyaluronic Acid will prove a powerful combo in your skin whitening journey. Give it a look here
• Vitamin C Soap by Vi-Tae
It is an herbal and 100% organic soap making it ideal for use on your face. It contains Vitamin C that can provide mild exfoliation for your skin. An excellent addition is the Madder Root Extract that also exists in the soap, which is known to be helpful in fixing skin discoloration. The over 2000 positive reviews will convince you
Any other products containing Vitamin C for skin lightening?
Of course! Below, you can find a list of products containing Vitamin C for your skin whitening treatment. Highly Recommended!
• TruSkin Naturals Facial Vitamin C Serum
Currently one of the top rated Vitamin C Serum online. Apart from the Vitamin C that it includes, it also contains Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid that provide further skin lightening and anti-aging. Having amassed a huge number of positive reviews, this Vitamin C Serum could just be what you need to fix any discoloration on your skin. Give it a look here!
• As for the Vitamin C supplements, you could visit your local pharmacy to find the one that suits you. Amazon has quite a variety, too! One thing to consider before buying, though, is the concentration of Vitamin C in your supplement. As your body flushes out Vitamin C fast, you’d better choose 500mg or 250mg capsules that will allow you to consume twice a day and get better results.
You could also choose a zinc or tyrosine vitamin complex as they can help your body absorb more Vitamin C…even 20 times more. Impressive, isn’t it?
One product that got our attention is the Phytoceramides Skin Therapy Supplement Capsules. They contain a series of Vitamins that benefit your skin such as A,C,D, and E. The capsules specialize in providing with anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and skin-whitening aid to your skin. The Supplement has currently gained hundreds of positive reviews online and to be honest, it’s one of the very few supplements that specializes in treating your skin. Did I mention it’s 100% natural and rice-based?
• If you, however, want to create your own skin lightening cream that will provide you with all the benefits of Vitamin C you can try Eden Diaz’s “Skin Whitening Forever” publication. Eden has got rave reviews about her book as she presents only 100% natural skin lightening methods using ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store to create your creams. Of course, fruits with Vitamin C are essential for Eden’s methods and recipes. So, if you want to learn more click the following link.
A little tip here: Many DIY skin lightening recipes exist online. If I were you, I would only follow an expert’s piece of advice to ensure I do not harm my skin and to use natural ingredients in the most efficient way.
How to use Vitamin C for skin lightening – Bottom Line
Ready to use Vitamin C to lighten your skin? I can almost feel your excitement! This potent Vitamin can do some miracles for you. You just need to pick the product that suits your needs best. Either by naturally consuming Vitamin C foods or by topically applying it on your dark spots you’ll see a big difference in your skin tone.
Enjoy your skin whitening! Good Luck!!!
We really hope you’ve enjoyed my “how to use Vitamin C for skin lightening guide! “Feel free to share it with people you love and care about!