Imagine what could happen if you lightened your skin using an all-natural solution! You would get rid of those brown spots on your skin that had been embarrassing you for so long. In other words, you would get the skin or the face of your dreams with a 100% natural and cheap way. “Wait! Is that possible? ”, you would ask…and the answer is a straightforward “Yes!”. Without further ado, let me introduce you to the licorice root extract that will assist you in lightening your skin and boosting your confidence.
Licorice Root Extract? What is it?
Licorice root is the root of a plant whose scientific name is Glycyrrhiza glabra that is very widespread in Europe, as well as in some Asian countries. As it happens for me to have some Greek-Italian language knowledge, let me impress you! Glycyrrhiza glabra means “Sweet and smooth root,” if we try to translate it word by word. What this means is that this root has a sweetening nature, and this is why companies use it in candy and cigar production process. Apart from its sweetening nature, though, licorice root extract has many benefits for our health and our skin, to be more precise.
What Can Licorice Root Extract Treat?
Get ready to be excited! Licorice root extract is a valuable ally when it comes to removing dark circles, darkened skin due to scars, dark spots, as well as diminishing the excessive oil on our skin. I think it’s clear now, why so many skin lightening products contain licorice root extract.
How Does Licorice Root Extract Work to Whiten my Skin?
Well, Licorice root extract works dually to treat your skin problems. It acts as a skin lightening agent, as well as an oil controlling agent.
First of all, it contains Glabridin that is a tyrosinase inhibitor. What this means is that it halts melanin production that causes your skin to become darker. So, to keep it simple; Less melanin equals less pigmentation (color). Less pigmentation leads to lighter skin.
As for the excessive oil control, licorice root contains Licochalocne that regulates the production of oil in your skin. This makes the licorice root extract a safe choice for acne-prone skin types.
Why should I choose Licorice Root Extract over other skin lightening products?
You should place your bet on licorice root extract for two reasons; it contains Glabridin and Licochalcone.
1) Glabridin is a 100% natural alternative to the harsh chemicals that many skin lightening products contain (hydroquinone for example).
2) Licochalcone is 100% safe for sensitive skin. Thus, you shouldn’t expect much irritation when applying the extract on your skin.
How to use Licorice extract to whiten my skin?
This is a pretty easy process:
1) Use a cotton ball or a swap, pour a few drops of your favorite licorice root extract on it and apply gently on your face and neck to create a thin mask
2) Let the mask unleash its benefits for the whole night, while you’re sleeping, and wash off in the morning
3) Consider adding a tablespoon of honey in the extract for better and faster results.
When to expect results in my skin lightening with licorice root extract?
Repetition is power, remember? Apply the extract daily, as described above and you should see results in 2 months’ time, depending on your skin tone.
Are there any precautions when using licorice root extract to lighten my skin?
Of course there are! In fact, I want to share some general tips you should keep in mind when following any skin lightening treatment
• Avoid sunlight during your treatment, or, if you have to go outside, use a high SPF sunscreen, as your skin is not well-defended against UVA and UVB sun rays. You have inhibited melanin production from your skin, remember? Melanin is the primary defense against sun rays. Avoid exposure to sunlight no matter what.
• You should always keep your skin moisturized after applying any skin whitening treatment on it. Moisturizing your skin will speed up the healing process and will restore dry and flaky skin, granting you an anti-aging effect, too. Please consider using an aloe vera lotion as it is the No. 1 moisturizer, with an additional skin lightening effect, as well.
• If any irritation occurs, stop your treatment immediately and pay a visit to your dermatologist ASAP.
Where to find Licorice Root Extract Online?
Amazon is your friend! There’s a variety of products containing Licorice root extract from which to choose. Two of our favorite products, however, are;
1) Nature’s Answer Alcohol-Free Licorice Root Extract
If you want to go for a pure licorice root extract, Nature’s Answer is your choice! It is fairly cheap and what you get is an all-natural, FDA TESTED lotion. It has a rating of around 4.5/5 stars with over 300 customer reviews. To put it simply, you buy Nature’s Answer Licorice Root Extract, then, combine it with honey as described above, and you’re good to go…
It offers a combined action of skin whitening and nourishing agents. Oh, I can definitely see some good substances here; licorice root extract, kojic acid, glycolic acid and much more. At a reasonably low price with over 150 reviews and a rating of almost 4.5 stars you can’t go far with your choice. Check it out,here
Here’s a list with our favorite licorice root extract based products for your natural skin lightening treatment!
BONUS PRODUCT SUGGESTION
As you’re going to need a moisturizing lotion when you start your skin whitening treatment, please allow me to suggest you buy the Tropical Holistic aloe vera lotion to moisturize your skin. It is reasonably cheap and has an impressive number of fans, claiming it helped them to lighten and moisturize their skin. Have a look here!
Licorice Root Extract can be of great help when it comes to skin lightening. Choosing such a natural solution, you avoid the risk of messing with chemicals and harmful substances. Your skin will look brighter and healthier only using the power of Mother Nature. Licorice root extract is the safest bet for you, even if you have sensitive skin. Here is the list of our favorite Licorice root extract products.
Happy skin lightening! Good luck