How to use Kojic acid soap to lighten my skin?
Is kojic acid safe for skin lightening?
Is kojic acid soap safe for my skin?
How long does it take for kojic acid soap to work?
Whether you are new to the world of skin whitening or even if you’ve been looking to lighten your skin for a while, you certainly have stumbled on skin lightening products containing kojic acid. Thus, you probably can relate to the questions above.
If you want to find out how to use kojic acid soap for skin lightening as well as other kojic acid products to whiten your skin, you’ve come to the right place!
We have gathered everything you need on kojic acid and kojic acid soap and their uses on skin whitening treatments. Our purpose is simple; to teach you exactly how to use kojic acid to whiten your skin. Enjoy your reading!
- 1 Where does Kojic Acid Come from?
- 2 How Does Kojic Acid work for Skin Lightening?
- 3 How can Kojic Acid Soap Lighten your Skin Tone?
- 4 How to use Kojic Acid Soap to Whiten your Body and Face. Instructions
- 5 How long does it take for kojic acid soap to work?
- 6 Kojic acid soap before and after photos
- 7 Is kojic acid soap safe for my skin?
- 8 Which is the best kojic acid soap for skin whitening?
- 9 Any other recommended kojic acid skin whitening products ?
- 10 Kojic Acid Soap For Skin Whitening Video
- 11 Last thoughts on how to use kojic acid for skin lightening – Precautions
- 12 How to use Kojic acid soap for Skin Whitening – Our Conclusion
Where does Kojic Acid Come from?
Kojic acid was initially extracted from some mushroom species in Japan (around 1989). Nowadays scientists and manufacturers of beauty products mainly get it from soy, rice, as well as the Japanese Sake rice wine (or better said its leftovers after the fermenting process is complete). However, the primary source of kojic acid remains, who else, mushrooms and fungi in general.
How Does Kojic Acid work for Skin Lightening?
To put it differently; “What does kojic acid do to your skin to make it lighter?”
According to scientists, kojic acid works by preventing the production of tyrosinase, the enzyme that triggers melanin production.
For the science-savvy, we should mention that kojic acid blocks the catecholase function that is significant for the melanin production.
For those who just want the meat, however, it should suffice to say this; “Limited tyrosinase production leads to less melanin.”
And less melanin consequently leads to less dark spots and less pigmentation, as melanin is responsible for the color of our skin! Voila! So, let’s find out how you can use kojic acid to whiten your skin.
How can Kojic Acid Soap Lighten your Skin Tone?
Kojic acid soap is a very potent skin whitening soap that contains kojic acid as well as one of the most popular skin whitening treatments. Let’s see why!
- Daily use of kojic acid soap can help you whiten your skin and get rid of age spots, brown spots, acne scars and other hyperpigmentation problems.
- Kojic acid is a much safer alternative to all those dangerous skin lightening products that contain harsh chemicals like hydroquinone
- You can use kojic acid soap to exfoliate the upper layer of your skin. This way you can remove dead skin cells that make it look dark.
- Skin whitening using kojic acid soap provides you with a natural-looking skin complexion. In other words, your skin color will look smoother and not as if it was “bleached.” This means that your skin tone will look even, instead of having evidently whitened blocks.
- Kojic acid soap can also be used to fight hyperpigmentation in different areas of the body apart from your face. These include dark underarms, knees, the inner thigh area, and, of course, buttocks. That’s why we highly recommend using kojic acid in our how to get rid of dark spots from your buttocks easily guide.
How to use Kojic Acid Soap to Whiten your Body and Face. Instructions
When it comes to applying Kojic Acid Soap to your body, everything is a pretty straightforward process. Create a lather using the soap and rub it gently all over your body. Let it settle for around 4 minutes (read the manufacturer’s instructions), and then rinse off using cool water.
As for using a kojic acid skin whitening soap for your face, things are also uncomplicated. However, you should be more careful, especially in your first days of the treatment. Dermatologists recommend beginning your treatment slowly to see if your facial skin can tolerate the kojic acid soap.
Thus, you should only let the soap for about 30 seconds during the first few days of your treatment and then extend this time incrementally following the 15-additional-seconds-every-3-days rule until you reach the threshold of 4 minutes per day.
How long does it take for kojic acid soap to work?
Before you pick your best kojic acid soap for skin whitening, there are some things to know about its efficiency.
First, it should be clear that applying kojic acid soap to your pigmented areas does not provide overnight results. However, the relatively slow treatment speed makes up for its safety and smoother results.
You should also know that the required time for the kojic acid soap to lighten your skin depends on factors like your skin type, how long you stay in the sun daily, your melanin production, as well as your diet.
With all the above in mind, the majority of experts estimate that it takes 8 to 16 weeks for people to see optimal results when using kojic acid soap for skin whitening.
Kojic acid soap before and after photos
Users who have been using kojic acid soap for skin whitening have uploaded their kojic acid before-and-after images online showing their impresive results.
For copyright reasons, we cannot upload them here on skinlighteningpedia.com.
However, wanting to make things easier for you we decided to provide you a link for quick access to a wonderful selection of such photos online. Here’s your Kojic acid soap before and after link (it will open in a new tab on your browser).
That’s the best we could do for the time being!
Is kojic acid soap safe for my skin?
Unlike other skin whitening agents like hydroquinone, kojic acid is considered safe for you and your skin, especially when used in moderation. Extensive studies have also shown that kojic acid is not a cancer-causing substance.
One thing to note, however, is that kojic acid can be a bit harsh for a few people with sensitive skin causing irritation, itchiness, and even dermatitis (contact or delayed).
Always consult your dermatologist before choosing any skin whitening product. And still, use kojic acid soap in which the kojic acid concentration doesn’t exceed the 2%.
Which is the best kojic acid soap for skin whitening?
Oh, we know you’ve been waiting for this. Let’s don’t keep you waiting any more! Below are some of the best kojic acid soap brands you can use to whiten your skin.
Koji White Kojic Acid & Papaya Skin Lightening Soap.
A fantastic skin lightening soap by Koji White. This soap includes Hyaluronic to rejuvenate and nourish your skin as well as papaya extract to provide you with a very potent skin lightening solution. Papaya enzymes boost the efficiency of the soap allowing you to have faster results naturally. The manufacturer claims their kojic acid skin whitening soap is safe for all skin types and can be used on your face and body. This makes it ideal for daily use for anyone who wants to get rid of acne scars, blemishes, and dark spots that exist on their skin.
The soap comes in many available sizes, so make sure you pick the one that fits your needs better. Check the current price of the soap.
Kojie San: No need to say much about this excellent soap as it’s one of the most famous products on the market right now, having acquired tons of positive reviews. Also combining the benefits of kojic acid and coconut oil for skin whitening, this skin lightening soap promises to help you get rid of your dark spots naturally and easily. Kojie San comes out in different sizes to choose from. If you want proof of its efficiency, you can read the following review in which a customer who has used the soap provides her kojic acid soap before and after photos for you. The results are really impressive!!! Otherwise, you can use the following link to check its current price.
Marie France Professional Strength Kojic Soap. The first thing you notice on the soap description is the Maximum Strength writing. This is 100% true as this kojic acid soap is one of the most potent products on the market. Its potency relies on the high concentration of kojic acid which is slightly higher than other skin whitening soap brands. The manufacturer has recently added aloe vera in the ingredients to allow your skin stay hydrated after you use the soap. If you’re looking for quick results, this soap might be just what you need. If you feel so, give it a look here.
Pure Kojic Acid Skin Lightening Soap. This product belongs to the famous Koji White family of skin whitening products. It’s one of the best selling skin whitening products online and definitely one that our readers buy the most. This fantastic kojic acid soap contains coconut oil that moisturizes and whitens your skin. Hyaluronic acid which nourishes your skin acting as an anti-aging substance is a great addition to the new formula. The soap is made of 100% natural ingredients, and the manufacturer states that it is entirely safe for your body and face as well. A huge plus is that the soap has a delicate scent which makes it enjoyable to use.
Unfortunately it’s currently out of stock, so if you want to pick one Koji White product we recommend choosing Koji White Kojic Acid & Papaya Skin Lightening Soap, or the Pure Kojic Acid lotion for which we provide a link just above. Βack in stock! Hurry before it gets sold out again! Check it’s price online
Any other recommended kojic acid skin whitening products ?
Kojic acid is apparent in many skin whitening products on the market. The fact that it’s safe and efficient makes it the perfect ingredient for many skin whitening creams and lotions. Let’s see what some of these products that are worth mentioning are:
LumiEssence Organic Advanced Skin Brightening
You wouldn’t believe our excitement when we first encountered this product online. It simply contains a series of our favorite ingredients. Apart, of course, from kojic acid, this cream includes hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, arbutin, papaya and pineapple extracts, as well as a series of powerful skin lightening essential oils. All these justify the high number of reviews online as well as its high rating. Highly recommended! (Don’t forget to combine with a 30SPF sunscreen). Here’s your link if you want to examine the product further. Be aware that there are different sizes and versions of the product to choose from.
Civant Meladerm skin lightening cream. If you want an 100% natural, yet powerful skin lightening cream that will provide you with fast results, then this little gem from Civant might be just what you need. Combining kojic acid with many other skin-lightening and rejuvenating natural substances this potent cream will make you get rid of your irritating dark spots quickly. Here’s our Meladerm Skin Whitening Cream review if you want to find out more. Or you can click on the picture below to find out where you can strike the best deal for this excellent cream.
Tonique Kojic Acid Soap + Vitamin E
This kojic acid soap stands out from its competition due to the fact it contains Vitamin E apart from kojic acid.
Vitamin E is essential to those who want to lighten their skin as it repairs damaged skin cells, moisturizes your skin, and provides further skin whitening on its own. The manufacturer also claims that their formula allows the soap to penetrate your skin allowing it to unclog pores and prevent acne breakouts and blemishes. According to the reviews, the soap has a great scent, making it very pleasant to use. What do you think? Is it worth a look?
Kojic Acid Soap For Skin Whitening Video
If you want the experts’ opinion on how to use kojic acid soap to whiten your skin, we definitely recommend the following video. Dr. Oz and Dr. Ellen Marmur tackle the matter of using skin whitening soap containg kojic acid to get rid of brown spots, dark spots, and other forms of hyperpigmentation. They also mention our favorite lactic acid during the last 30 seconds. If you want to learn more about lactic acid you can read our how to use lactic acid for skin whitening report
Last thoughts on how to use kojic acid for skin lightening – Precautions
- Make sure you maintain a balanced diet which is rich in vegetables, Vitamins (mainly A, E, and C which further help in skin whitening), and of course, water.
- No matter which skin lightening treatment you choose, one thing is for sure; you have to ensure your skin is protected from the dangerous sun rays. Without the melanin it produces, your skin is vulnerable, so always apply a high SPF sunscreen lotion to your treated areas. Also, never stay under the sun for long, while having a skin whitening treatment.
- You must strictly use your favourite kojic acid soap only once a day for your skin lightening treatment. Otherwise, your skin might get irritated and itchy.
- Never leave your kojic acid soap on your skin longer than the manufacturer suggests. This way you minimize the risk of skin irritation.
- Your kojic acid soap should contain kojic acid at a 1-2% percentage. Levels higher than these are less safe for your skin.
- Kojic acid can be combined with papaya fruit extract or glutathione for faster results.
- Kojic acid soap might make your skin a bit dry. Always use a moisturizer, preferably one that includes aloe vera or coconut oil. You can use our how to use aloe vera for skin whitening and how to use coconut oil for skin whitening guides for additional information.
- Can Kojic Acid Cause Acne? No! Kojic acid is considered as a treatment and not as a cause when it comes to acne. In fact, kojic acid can be used to exfoliate the upper skin layers and clear any clogged pores that otherwise would create pimples.
- Once you achieved your desired skin tone, do not stop using your kojic acid soap entirely. Instead, use it on a less frequent basis as a maintenance soap so that your dark spots do not come back in the future.
How to use Kojic acid soap for Skin Whitening – Our Conclusion
You probably now know everything you could possibly know about how to use kojic acid soap for skin whitening.
Together, we have examined the history of kojic acid, the benefits of using kojic acid for skin treatments, as well as how to apply it on your skin, and of course some of the best kojic acid soap brands for skin lightening.
What you have to do now, is pick the best kojic acid soap you can afford and begin your skin whitening journey immediately.
Our best wishes for successful skin whitening using kojic acid.
— Anna and George
Here’s our latest top 5 report on the best kojic acid soap for skin whitening! Enjoy!