- How can I use coconut oil and lemon juice for face skin whitening?
Can I use coconut oil to whiten my skin?
- Can I use coconut oil for skin color correction?
Does coconut oil lighten skin?
These are only some of the questions we get to our mail from our readers about how to use coconut oil for skin whitening. If you can relate to any of these, please welcome yourselves to our guide on the uses of coconut oil for glowing skin. We will cover anything you might ever need to use the potent coconut oil for a perfect complexion.
- 1 Come on! I can’t just use coconut oil for skin lightening. Can I?
- 2 How to use Coconut oil for skin whitening – 5 Powerful Recipes
- 2.1 Coconut oil for skin lightening – Straight and Simple
- 2.2 Can I use coconut oil and lemon juice lotion for skin whitening?
- 2.3 Coconut oil and turmeric for skin whitening – A great paste for your face!
- 2.4 Coconut oil and Grapeseed/Sandalwood oil for dark circles under eyes.
- 2.5 Coconut Oil with Lemon and Baking Soda – Mild Exfoliation for face and body.
- 3 Which is the best coconut oil for skin lightening?
- 4 How to use coconut oil for skin lightening – Precautions
- 5 How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin Lightening – Our Conclusion
Come on! I can’t just use coconut oil for skin lightening. Can I?
With the variety of skin whitening products out there, many people would easily believe that using a natural ingredient (found literally anywhere), cannnot help them correct their uneven skin tone.
Well, this is far from true! The possible benefits of using coconut oil for your skin whitening treatment will surprise even the most demanding person. Let’s see why!
- Coconut oil contains a series of fatty acids that nourish and immunize your skin. Simply put, these acids make your skin a hostile ground for bacteria, fungi, and other microbes that are the prime suspects for inflammations, the aging and the darkening of your complexion.
- It moisturizes your skin making it soft and smooth. In fact, regular usage of coconut oil can make have a miraculous effect even to the driest skin types. And why is this important for you? Well, simply put, hydrated skin is less prone to darkening. The above facts make coconut oil one of our favorite moisturizers alongside our beloved aloe vera, another great moisturizer.
- Coconut oil contains Vitamins A and E that may also assist you in correcting your uneven skin tone. Vitamin E, famous for its antioxidant properties, fights free radicals which darken and age your skin. Vitamin A is also known for its skin lightening properties. So, combining Vitamin A with Vitamin E and the fatty acids contained in coconut oil, we get a very potent solution to our skin tone problems.
- Coconut oil penetrates your skin easily, making it one of the most efficient skin lightening treatments. The inner layers of your skin absorb this oil so quickly that it heals most underlying inflammations, treating your skin from inside.
Okay! Enough with science! Now let’s see how you can use coconut oil to whiten your skin!
How to use Coconut oil for skin whitening – 5 Powerful Recipes
Coconut oil can be used in various ways to provide you with an even skin tone.
The recipes that follow are very potent and very easy to implement. Let’s see!
Coconut oil for skin lightening – Straight and Simple
Yes, Yes! You’ve got it right. This “recipe” involves applying only coconut oil to your uneven tone area, perform gentle massage, and you’re good to go.
Buy your favorite 100% organic cold-pressed coconut oil. (You can consult our list that follows)
Note: This treatment must be executed just before going to bed.
- Put plenty of your coconut oil in your palm.
- Apply the coconut oil to the area you want to lighten.
- Perform gentle massage to the area for a minute to allow the coconut oil to be absorbed by your skin.
- Leave it on the treated area during the night and rinse it off the next morning using warm or lukewarm water.
- Use a high SPF sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from darkening
- Repeat the process daily until you get your desired skin tone.
Can I use coconut oil and lemon juice lotion for skin whitening?
The answer is a straightforward “Yes!” You can and, in fact, you must use coconut oil and lemon juice to lighten skin complexion.
If you want your coconut oil treatment to be even more efficient for your skin, you can use it in combination with lemon juice to create a very potent lotion that will help you lighten your skin even quicker.
Add 10 drops of freshly sliced lemon juice to 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil and use a spoon to blend the ingredients together. It’s that easy!
-How to apply the coconut oil and lemon juice lotion
- Just apply the lotion to your desired uneven skin area.
- Let it work for 15 minutes, and then wash it off using warm or lukewarm water.
- If you want to use your homemade coconut oil skin whitening lotion to a larger area, just use 3 tbsp of your favorite coconut oil mixed with the juice of half a lemon.
- – Using the coconut oil and lemon juice lotion daily before bedtime should give you a glowing look you’ve always dreamt of.
Coconut oil and turmeric for skin whitening – A great paste for your face!
Let’s take your skin lightening to the next level!
Turmeric which is a plant that belongs to the ginger family is very popular in Asia and India. Apart from its usage in foods, Turmeric is known for its skin lightening (and teeth whitening) properties as it contains curcumin, an ingredient which suppresses melanin production.
We all know what this means, don’t we? Melanin is the one to blame for any skin discoloration. Thus, less melanin equals less dark spots on your skin. Let’s see how you can use virgin coconut oil and turmeric to lighten your skin.
You will need your favorite virgin coconut oil, a bag of turmeric powder, a bit of raw honey, and some flour powder.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of pure coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of honey (raw) in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir the mixture until a paste is formed.
- Apply the coconut oil and turmeric paste to your face and wait for 20 minutes before removing using a wet and warm cloth.
- Rinse off with cold water to make your facial pores to close.
-Results will come only with regular application, so repeat the process daily to restore your skin tone.-
Coconut oil and Grapeseed/Sandalwood oil for dark circles under eyes.
The next recipe is pretty easy to implement and might give a solution to your dark circles under eyes problem that has been troubling you.
You should know the benefits of coconut oil for your skin by now. As for the grapeseed oil, it should suffice to say that it also has lots of Vitamin E which heals and moisturizes your skin.
Sandalwood oil, on the other hand, has excellent antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that may help you remove whiteheads and blackheads as well as get rid of acne and pimples.
-Preparation and Execution
Just mix equal parts of coconut oil and grapeseed or sandalwood oil with water and apply directly to the area under your eyes to remove any dark circles.
As for the dosage, it goes as follows:
- 1 drop of coconut oil
- 1 drop of sandalwood or grapeseed oil
- 10 drops of water.
Coconut Oil with Lemon and Baking Soda – Mild Exfoliation for face and body.
Combining baking soda with coconut oil and lemon juice gives you a powerful exfoliating paste that not only removes any dead skin cells from the outermost surface of your body but also moisturizes and lightens your skin tone.
You will need baking soda, one fresh lemon, a bit of tea tree oil, and of course, 100% natural coconut oil.
- Mix 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice with 1 Tbsp of baking soda, 3 or 4 drops of tea tree essential oil (antibacterial action) and 1/4 Teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Stir the mixture adequately until a paste is created.
- Apply the coconut oil paste to the desired uneven tone area and leave it there for 4 minutes.
- Scrub the paste off your skin using your fingers. Make sure you have washed them first.
- Rinse with cold water and let your skin dry.
Notes: Do not repeat the exfoliating process daily. One or two times per week should suffice to give you a really glowing skin.
Do not forget to apply a High SPF sunscreen lotion on your treated area!
Which is the best coconut oil for skin lightening?
Below are some of my favorite coconut oil products. They either contain coconut oil or, well, they are coconut oil!
Carrington Farms Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. Oh! I’m really in love with this coconut oil and judging from the huge number of reviews and ratings I’m not the only one. Being 100% organic, unrefined, cold pressed and gluten-free, this extra-virgin coconut oil from Carrington Farms might be just what you need to create your recipes with coconut oil for skin whitening. Read the reviews online!
Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Another best-seller.
100% organic, cold pressed, and unrefined. The manufacturer also states it is ideal for skin and hair cair. The product comes in many sizes to choose from (16-ounce, 32-ounce, and 54-ounce packages are available).
This particular coconut oil has amassed an impressive number of reviews online making it one of my favorites as well. Did I mention that it can be used for cooking and baking too? Check its current price!
Daily Facial OC Cream Cleanser By Alana Mitchell. If we judge it strictly, it’s definitely not a skin lightening product that will make your dark spots go away. However, if you are looking for a facial cream that will make your pimples, blemishes, and blackheads go away you might have found the right one. Based on the combined action of coconut oil and plant extracts this fantastic cream will help you clean any impurity, makeup, and dirty that exists on your face. Compatible with all skin types. Check its current price.
Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Sky Organics
If you want a USDA Certified Organic Coconut Oil for your skin lightening regime, then this little monster might be exactly what you need. In their description, the manufacturer states the following: Color Corrector, Ideal for DIY beauty recipes, and of course, Extra Virgin and Cold-Pressed.What more could you want? Give it a look on Amazon.
How to use coconut oil for skin lightening – Precautions
Below are some things to be careful about when using coconut oil to whiten your skin.
Will coconut oil darken the skin? Yes, it will if not used correctly!
You should always use any skin whitening lotion with coconut oil at night just before you go to bed. Apart from cleaning all the dirt that has been accumulated on your face during the day, it’s safer too.
The reason is that coconut oil interacts with the UV rays absorbing light from the sun. In other words, if you use coconut oil during the day, it might darken your skin instead of whitening it. You don’t want this, do you?
Which coconut oil should I use to whiten my skin?
You should always use only virgin, 100% pure coconut oil for your skin whitening. You should also use the undiluted version of coconut oil. Many coconut oil manufacturers tend to dilute their products using harmful chemicals and substances that might prove harmful to your skin. So, to put it simply; Always go for the 100% choice.
Could coconut oil trigger an allergic reaction to me?
Regardless of being a mild skin whitener, coconut oil is a natural product, and as such, it might pose a threat to allergic people (rare).
Thus, the golden rule of skin whitening recipes and products applies here as well. If it’s the first time you use coconut oil for skin lightening purposes, apply it in a small area of your body and wait for the results. If no allergic reaction occurs, you’re safe to use it regularly. Otherwise, you should stop the treatment immediately.
You could also have a skin patch test done to you, before using coconut oil to determine if you’re allergic to it.
If your skin gets easily irritated, you are advised to limit the use of lemon juice. Pick one recipe that doesn’t need lemon juice, instead!
If you’re planning to use turmeric powder with coconut oil to lighten your skin tone, please make sure you use only the recommended turmeric quantity. Turmeric powder is a strong natural dye that might leave yellow marks on your skin if used in excessive quantities. (Do not worry, however. It’s easily removed with mild exfoliation)
Always use High SPF sun lotion when whitening your skin with coconut oil.
You should know by now that coconut oil is preferably used at night for maximum results in skin whitening treatments. If, however, you decide to use it during the day, please make sure you use a high SPF sun lotion after your treatment to prevent sun rays from reaching your skin.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin Lightening – Our Conclusion
Coconut oil is a gift from mother earth for all those who want to lighten their skin tone naturally.
Rich in fatty acids and vitamins, having antioxidant, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil has everything your skin will ever need for a perfect tone.
That being said, it should come as no surprise that a great number of skin whitening creams and lotions contain coconut oil.
What are you waiting for? Grab your favorite virgin coconut oil or product containing coconut oil and create the skin of your dreams.