Pardon my vulgarity here, but would you prefer the word “gluteus maximus” or “backside”? If so, here you are: How to completely remove dark spots under your buttocks, your gluteus maximus! Haha! Ok! I digress. However you may want to call it, it is the darkening of the bikini and butt area that’s troubling you. So, in this article, you’re going to learn anything you need to get rid of any dark spots once and for all. Ready? Set! GO!
Dark Spots Under Buttocks Causes – A little necessary science first!
What causes these embarrassing dark spots under your buttocks to appear? There are 5 main reasons to keep in mind:
- Hormonal imbalances caused by medication or even pregnancy.
- Age – It’s common for people to develop dark spots as years go by, even if they’ve always had a flawless skin before.
- Post – Inflammatory hyperpigmentation. This kind of hyperpigmentation (darkening) occurs when wounds don’t heal properly.
- Your DNA – you might have inherited your dark spots from an ancestor.
- The sun! Even if that area is well-hidden from the sun rays, you might have overexposed it to them last during last summer, when sunbathing perhaps.
- Your underwear! Wearing tight underwear such us thongs, underwear with laces, or underwear with garter lining can restrain blood and oxygen circulation to the area under your buttocks, thus being responsible for the development of dark spots. Prefer underwear that is less tight to avoid friction,as it might cause skin discoloration.
What are my options if I want to get rid of dark spots under my buttocks?
“OK. Enough with science”, you must be thinking right now, and I couldn’t agree more. It is time to face the problem and provide you with some solutions. So, what you can do to remove dark spots under your buttocks is:
- Laser therapy
- Use an OTC skin lightening cream
- Exfoliation with chemical peels
- Natural Skin Whitening Products
- The Natural Skin Lightening Way
Let’s examine each one of these in more detail to see what fits your needs best:
1) Laser Therapy for dark spots
|· It’s new and effective
|· Its cost
|· Your affected skin is removed and a new, healthier one emerges
|· Unfortunately, not everybody can afford it
|· You can heal almost any skin discoloration problem, ranging from dark spots to acne and fine lines
2) Over the counter skin lightening creams for hyperpigmentation
How they work: They inhibit tyrosinase, the enzyme which triggers melanin production. (Remember it is melanin that is responsible for the color of your skin as well as any discolorations)
|· Variety of products to choose from
|· Might contain harmful substances such as hydroquinone or even mercury
|· Cheap (at least cheaper than laser treatment)
|· Their results may vanish fast (even overnight).
What happens when you end your treatment is that your skin produces melanin that may darken that area again
|· Recurring cost and exposure to the substances described above if you want the fairer color tone of your skin to remain
3) Exfoliation using chemical peels to remove your brown spots
How they work: We call exfoliation the process of removing dead skin cells from the affected (discolored) area of your body, allowing new, healthy skin cells to emerge, without affecting the ones that are healthy. During this process, you will use peeling creams containing mostly AHA and BHA (acids).
|· Relatively cheap method
|· Might cause irritation
|· They moisturize and nourish the skin apart from removing the brown spots
|· Might take some time to find the right concentration of active substance. This is going to lead to money expenses.
|· Mostly used in dermatologist offices, so you’re getting supervision by specialists. Thus, exfoliation is a generally safe option
|· Visits to dermatologist offices are quite expensive, though.
|· Might not be safe enough if you try exfoliation yourself.
4)Natural Skin Whitening Products
You can use a skin whitening soap to use in the privacy of your bathroom to make these irritating dark spots go away!
Our favorites are:
- The Pure Kojic Acid Skin Lightening Soap: Containing the powerful, yet safe Kojic acid, this mighty soap might be just what you need to eliminate the dark spots from your buttocs. It also contains coconut oil and hyaluronic acid that nourish and moisturize your skin making the whole process a lot safer. Give it a look on Amazon
- The Kojie San Kojic Acid Skin LIghtening Soap: Clearly one of the products you must take a look at if you’re looking for a natural solution to your pigmentation under buttocs problem. It’s one of the best sellers currently on Amazon having amassed an enormous number of reviews. Check it here
- You can use the power of the licorice root extract for your hyperpigmentation problems. Our recommended product is the Nature’s Answer Alcohol-Free Licorice Root Extract. To be honest, it’s one of the products that our readers buy most when it comes to natural skin whitening products. FDA TESTED and 100% natural! Give it a look no matter what!
A quick note!
We really recommend to accompany your skin whitening product with an aloe vera gel or lotion to keep your skin moisturized and prevent the dark spots from reappearing. How about the Rixx Herbal Lotion with Aloe Vera. Containing a series of also useful and rejuvenating ingredients such as Omega 3 Oil, Witch Hazel, Hyaluranic Acid, Shea Butter, and Essential Oils it clearly is one of the best allies in your quest for a spotless skin.
5) The Natural Skin Lightening Way
How it works: You buy the ingredients and create your skin whitening products (i.e. creams) yourself.
Sounds difficult, isn’t it?
Well, it is a brain dead simple process, if you have the proper guidance (more on this in a bit).
|By far the cheapest option
You can buy the ingredients from your local grocery store
|You have to spend some time to create your creams.
|You have to choose a proper book or course to guide you through the process of creating your own skin whitening products
|No side-effects – 100% safe ingredients – No risk of allergies.
Apart from being cheap, effective, and above all, safe, it is fulfilling to know you have removed any dark spots yourself.
There’s a warning for you , though. As many home-made treatments exist on the Internet, and you could easily stumble on one that’s unsafe or not properly described, I strongly suggest you spend your precious money on the safest and more detailed guide you could find.
My personal choice isEden Diaz’s Skin Whitening Forever, method. Eden not only describes what ingredients your creams should contain and why, but she also deals with the problems of combining, blending and storing them as well.
All you have to do is visit her website, learn more about her method and give it a shot . It’s 100% safe coming with a 60-day money back guarantee.
How to remove dark spots under your buttocks – Our Verdict
There are a vast variety of products and solutions to pick from if you want to get rid of the dark spots under your buttocks, or any other area of your skin.
Given that I’m fairly biased for all natural solutions I would suggest you go down the Natural Way Road first. You have a great variety of options, here.
If you want to create your own, natural, and safe products, Eden Diaz’s publication is a no-brainer.
If, however, you want to try a skin whitening soap or an extract for that purpose, we highly recommend the Pure Kojic Acid Skin Lightening Soap and our favorite Nature’s Answer Alcohol-Free Licorice Root Extract.
Good luck removing your dark and brown spots under your buttocks.
P.S. If you licorice root extract got your attention, here’s our How To Use Licorice Root Extract For Skin Lightening guide!